Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Abbreviations

With the positive comments and feedback I received after yesterdays entry I am encouraged
enough to try a second attempt today. Thank you to all of you who shared your kind support
and encouragement.

Today's Thought: Abbreviations

Is it just me or does anyone else notice more and more words are becoming abbreviated?
When did this happen? Abbreviations have always been with us ... Mister to Mr. Street to St.
Avenue to Ave. but as we've grown, technologys brought us more and more gains.. our text
has taken on so many abbreviations its like a language of its own. I'm guilty of this myself I
often shorten the word in typing, its less time?, do we think were saving ourselves merciless
seconds of keystrokes ... I admit I am a new and nieve resident to this happy place they refer
to as "online" but there are days I just find myself wishing for a full word.

I wonder how far off we are from the day when entire conversations are shared in just
abbreviations.

Dave: "'ello"
Tom: " 'sup "
Dave: " Nm U? "
Tom: " Wz afk"
Dave: " O I C "
Tom: " thks"
Dave: " Ok bbiab afk 2 KFC c u l8tr "
This day will come,if not already.... wait and see :))
What do you think??

Todays Poem: Thanksgiving

Sitting at the table
on the day we're to be thankful
I think of thanks I'm giving
Just for this life I'm living

My eyes opened this morn'
my lungs filled with air
I am alive!
and of my life can share

Mama's in the ground
Daddy's by her side
thankful thoughts I give to them
for how they've touched our lives

Friends I see your faces
and smile so deep my soul is touched
I'm thankful for you one and all
I love you all so much

Thankfulness and Grattitude
big words with bigger meaning
It's thankful thoughts
of friends like you
that leaves me ever beaming :)

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks for reading!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaycatt said...

I know exactly what you mean about the abbreviations. I understand when people are using cell phones, and it's a hassle to write out the words, but when you are typing it's really not necessary. Oh, I admit, I'm guilty of using "lol", "afk" and "brb", but I normally even try to spell "welcome back" out instead of "wb". To me the WB will always be the Warner Brothers Network hehe...

I like the Thanksgiving poem too, very nice!! I wish I could write poetry, but I just don't think in pretty words.

November 21, 2006 at 12:50:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home