Sunday, August 31, 2008

Big Decision

Hey! Its nearly September already!! My goodness gracious the year has simply flown by! Its been quite a busy time this past year ... triumphs! travels .. tragedys... and ongoing trials filled the months for me. I've faced a lot of first's and believe it or not .. I'm about to add one more to my growing list. I am going to VOTE! * pauses for gasps and cheers* .

Yes I have been remiss in voting ... and upon reading all the information I can on the candidates I myself am a bit loathe at myself in my lack of doing this long before now ... I grew up nieve to the real difference one vote can make. I was busy focusing my prioritys on family and my domestic responsiblities.. not even comprehending the value my one voice could pay the process of voting for those who would lead us in choices for my home. *hangs head* I neglected it then I'm nurturing it now! I have my registration card and im reading about each candidate. Its a priority to be as informed as I can when the time to cast my vote comes. I am excited to add my voice to the decision and yet I'm nervous in adding my voice to such a big decision. How do you feel when you vote?

Thanks for reading :)

Todays Poem:

He said ..she said ..
fingers point, debates rage..
weeding out the data
from speeches sour or sage ..

Which one rules the country
have to pick before to long ..
which one leads the nation ..
has morals and can be strong ?

Democrat , Republican
pick a side to stand
I dont see the partys ..
I'm voting for the MAN

screaming bout the issues
ranting o'er our stance
he who leads the country
steps a very tricky dance

One human being ..
protecting his home
one human being ...
seeking peace for when we roam

Presidency is Power
the job has pressure too
I'll cast my vote this election
for who'll best know what to do

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaycatt said...

I used to really be interested in the voting process, following the candidates from day one up until election day in November. However, I've since realized that due to our two party system, all you really need to care about is the "big two" at the very end. So, now I just wait until I have to pick either a Democrat or Republican and then decide.

September 2, 2008 at 3:34:00 PM EST  
Blogger Coyote said...

Over the years, I've become more aware of how much the ballot matters for local issues and offices, too. In some cases, one vote can literally change the outcome -- my town frequently has results that differ by a dozen or so votes. In one case not so long ago, there was a tie that was broken by a coin toss!

September 8, 2008 at 11:56:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home