Wednesday, April 30, 2008

70th post-Friends are like Sidewalk Chalk

Hello!

Wow! 70 thoughts and comments.... I guess the blog is aptly named :)

Soo I was at work the other day .. doing my job ... when I happen across some children drawing their colorful masterpieces on the pavement .. as I stopped to admire all the stick figures and crazy squares and spheres, the colorful expression that was a visual to their imagination...... a thought popped in my mind....

A bit of symbolisim perhaps as I let the idea grow in my mind .. if we, as idividuals were the
pavement ... were strong.. we can be firm ... dependable ... and occasionally we crack up a bit ..
If we .. are the pavement then all our friends who effect our life.. would be the sidewalk chalk.
Single colorful lines that blend and compliment one another until the cement is a bonified piece
of artistic beauty! Alone were all pretty nice .. but when we let friends in to brighten our canvas.. thats when we really start to see the beauty in who we are ! Just my silly rambling thought. I hope wherever your day finds you as you read this blog ... theres been an abundance of color on your pavement :)


Reds and Yellows.. Greens and Blues
friendship bears such special hues
color my world with your special touch
brighten my existance, very much

visuals etched for all to gain
proudly displayed , until the first rain
Purples, Orange, Brown and White
my colorful friends, make life allright :))


Thanks for reading

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaycatt said...

Great post! I've always appreciated sidewalk art.. It turns something mundane into a thing of interest that actually makes you stop and admire it. Normally as we walk through life, we don't give things like sidewalks and roads a second glance. But add a little imagination and the ordinary becomes unique!

May 1, 2008 at 11:30:00 AM EST  
Blogger Coyote said...

I like the image, Rosa -- and it also gives a whole 'nother angle to the idea of someone "raining on my parade"!

May 14, 2008 at 7:43:00 AM EST  
Blogger CB said...

Rosa, thanks for being the chalk on my sidewalk. Knowing you has made my SL so much nicer. :-)

May 27, 2008 at 2:08:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home