Monday, August 11, 2008

Poet Night

Live Music Poetry Jam 4 ..

I've been here.. I've done this ...so why do I still have butterflies?? Tonight I join with my very good friends and amazingly talented musicians Jaycatt Nico and Patrick LaSalle in the realm of Second Life to once more slip into the beatnik theme and share my poetry. A while back after seeing a few poet readings in Second Life I had the notion to combine two of my loves... 1) Live Music and 2) Poetry. I bounced the idea off Patrick and Jaycatt and was met with wonderful support.. and Live Music Poetry Jam was formed. Without Patrick and Jaycatt the poet nights would just not be the same. I am deeply grateful for their help and guidance :)

Poet Night it has arrived
back on stage to kick the jive
nerves I feel to share my heart
friends support will not depart

words of expression, spoken in rhyme
layed out in hip themed beatnik time
although i am nervous and hope its a hoot
with my friends there .. success ..cant refute!

Thanks for reading :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Coyote said...

These slams are so great, Rosa! Thanks to you and your backup band :-P

August 12, 2008 at 3:46:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jaycatt said...

I agree, they are fantastic! I am so glad to be part of them :)

August 15, 2008 at 3:28:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home