Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Weathering Life

In the storms of life, good friends are your umbrella :)

Isnt that a great quote? I've always thought so ! Recently I have expierenced just how true
that quote is. This entry is to express my thanks to those of whom have helped me in my recent storms. Thank you !

Sunday was the memorial for my brother who passed away, it was a nice service, the scouts
who he had been so supportive to help and lead performed a wonderful tribute for him, I watched the waves of faces parade by me and I found myself flooded with memories of better days when he was here. Several people stood up to pay tribute or celebrate his life, even I myself gave a speech although I dont recall what I said .. Oceans of tears flowed on this day
in sadness for our loss. After the service I stood outside the door and forced a smile to greet
the steady flow of well wishers and loved ones.. each one gazing with a sad face upon me in condolences and care. So much emotion, so overwhelming, my inclination to run away is strong
but I stay, and shake hands, give hugs, smile and thank all the faces that have come..

Sunday night my Aunt suffers a terrible heart attack and once more I find myself in the role
of a pillar or trying to be. Monday morning brings news that a nephew has needed emergency appendectomy ...Later, I'm home.. I'm numb... I sit down at my computer..looking for an escape from the sadness. But instead of an escape I find my umbrella .. my friends.

Jaycatt, Eric, Semaj,Gog,(Brad&Andy) Sporked, Bashiri and Banny youguys are the best! In them I have found dry shoulders for my tears, clean ears for my ventings, and strong arms for hugs! It matters not that they are virtual. I can still feel the umbrella of support, and love. They share with me laughter and compassion, wisdom and comfort. My storms have been rough but I have been
greatly blessed in the shelter of your friendships. And for that, I greatly Thank You !

Todays Poem: (Dedicated to my True Friends)
My True Friend-

Life is full of seasons
it changes now and then
one might search forever
just to find that one true friend

In my life I'm lucky
to have found a friend so true
my life is daily blessed
by the specialness of you

This poem is meant to thank you
for all that you do
it is so very nice
being friends with you

No matter where you are or what you do
this message to you I send
Virtual or right next door
I'll forever cherish you My True Friend.

Thank you for reading!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaycatt said...

Rosa, that was just beautiful :) I am honored to be your Friend, and always will be...

Friends are people who I believe are deserving of good things. And you, are the most deserving of good things of anyone I've ever met :)

You are the most caring, loving individual I have met so far in my life, and I feel enriched by your attitude towards people and things.

The way you think of Friends changes my perspective too, and has helped me realize how important they are.

I'd like to propose a toast, myself: "Here's to Rosa: she brings the sun with her wherever she goes, and brightens all of our lives just by being herself. May you always have Friends who care about you, and believe me... that will always be true because of who you are."

November 29, 2006 at 4:33:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home