Sunday, December 3, 2006

SNOW DAY

I awoke Friday morning to gleeful shouts of " SNOW DAY!!" what is it about those two words
that can bring such joy and sparkle to the morning. I think it must be a magical occurance for
how else to explain the transformation of two individuals who were dragging their feet, non chalantly making their way through the morning routine to suddenly become bouncy, wide awake, energetic and happy. It was like getting a bonus that the snow day happened on a Friday!

Two words, just seven letters changed an average end of the week day into 24 hours of possibilities that lay before them. As a kid Snow Days are much wished for rarely recieved
magical days, that reprieve to get out of the anxiously dreaded Math test, or spelling quiz
a day to forget about the academics of the day and plot strategy for snowball fight victories.

As an adult they take on a whole new expierence.. schedule juggling for working parents,
anxiety of "I still have to travel in this?" realization. and the strategy for snowball victories
is replaced by strategy of how to keep up with the kids all day.

Snow Day,...... perhaps its God's way of giving us all a blessing of ..time. Time to slow down in our busy morning. Time to think more about our kids.. Time to spend with family and make joyful memories. What are some of your Snow Day memories???

Thanks for reading!


Todays Poem: Destruction Crew

I sat there in my easy chair
while the destruction workers lunched
how quickly the noise quiets down
when all at once they munch

the breaktime is now over
the destruction task resumes
what I wouldnt give right now
for a nice and quiet room

From where I stand I can clearly view
the damage roof to floor
my patience of the work they do
is tolerant no more

It time to put an end to it
its time their work must end
I never want to see or hear
this kind of work again??

And after I have said my say
to the members of the lot
I'll follow it up by saying
"Now off to bed boys, its eight o'clock!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home