Monday, December 4, 2006

Pictures

I love Pictures! I love pictures of family, friends, places, I even love pictures of other people I dont even know. Its wonderful to look about those frozen moments in time to see a glimpse of what life was at that particular moment. I am a self professed shutterbug, guilty I'll plead to wandering around family gatherings snapping up candid shots , sometimes to the point of being annoying!! I enjoy greatly the scenic nature pictures, the vivid colors that Mother Nature paints
on the canvas of the world :) Sights that when noticed, simply take your breath away.
I used to spend tons on film developing.. tearing into the developed shots like a little kid with the first opened christmas gift, I just couldn't wait to see how they turned out!! It was nirvana when I was given a digital camera for my birthday! View pics right away and endless photo ops!!
Pictures are like windows to the past, preserving memories always to last. What do you think?

Thanks for reading!

Todays Poem: Photograph

A tiny box
you hold in your hand
a device which to capture
the faces of man

It stops time
ans suspends it forever
small square memories
for generations to treasure

Capture beautiful sunsets
gorgeous mountains and trees
or some of God's other creations
perhaps you, or maybe me?

Is it a comfort
for us sentimental types
there is a way
to preserve memories of life

For the next time there's a memory
that you've just got to have
click the button on your tiny box
and remember it always in your
Photograph!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaycatt said...

I agree! I love pictures, especially old ones. It's kind of like listening to a familiar song, done in a studio. Every little note is in just the right place. With an old picture, especially one I've seen countless times, I find myself drawn th the little details: a leaf in a strange spot, or a stranger in the background caught on film but not intentionally. Pictures are comforting, too, like old songs. They look just like you expect them to, and in a changing world that's something to treasure for those hectic days. I guess the same hold true for any recorded media, whether it's a painting, or a video or audio recording. At night I watch old Simpsons episodes to fall asleep, and they never get boring, even lines I've heard many many times can still get a chuckle out of me just because it's the inflection or emotion in the voice saying it.

Okay, I'm rambling now! Love the poem too :)

December 4, 2006 at 12:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Eric said...

I see you've really taken to blogging! You're posting faster than I can keep up! :)

I'm so glad to have helped you get started. Now we just gotta get that rose icon into your profile! :)

Your poems are wonderful! So insightful and rhythmic. Keep it going, Rosa! You're a wonderful addition to the blogsphere!

December 5, 2006 at 7:11:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home