Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

January 2008. Wow! Its 2008! A whole year lays before us ...the potential for great opportunities.. reached goals.. obtained dreams! Its a beautiful view isnt it ?

Its the one I hope to cling to when reality tries to peek its head into my view ...
when hurdles crop up and delay my goal or prevent my dreams from coming true ..if only for a little while ... still that focus on the possibility is what will keep a smile rising from a frown.. and in the months of this new year to come .. I hope to always at least try to do my best to see the positive in what my path brings me. And sure, sometimes.. life seems a bit hard.. and dreams can seem bleak but still always ..try .. to see the glimmer of light, that hope of the "what if " or the "someday" and you will push through.

However your looking toward your new year I hope that it will find you happy and healthy. Thank you for reading.

One of the greatest people I know, my Aunt Mary , taught me the importance of positive thinking .. she influenced me greatly growing up and I credit her among the blessings that have brought me to be the person I am today. Todays poem is for her.

My Special Aunt-

I know a person who is thoughtful and kind
always has thoughts of you on her mind
her smile is bright and can light up your heart
like the morning suns rays of the new days start

Her intentions are good
even when "meddling"
her understanding aire
is so very settling

When looking at her
I see a very nice lady
if you dont see it too,
you just must be crazy!!

So many roles she's played in her life
a teacher, a Mother, a friend, a wife
Each role she's played with greatness so fine
how lucky I am God cast her in mine

She touches us all in a special way
brighting up the darkest of days

when I look at Mary and the qualities she's sharing
love and grace, sweet kindess and caring
whether she knows it or not
she helps the tough times seem worth bearing

So as I end this tribute to a lady oh so fine
when it comes to Aunts that are special
My Aunt Mary tops the list
every single time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a thoughtful poem! I know you have a very special relationship with your aunt. The way you describe her, she sounds like the perfect family member to have.

And you tell a good message too! It's the little things that make us happy, or sad, and the trick is to focus on the ones that have the best impact in our lives. Lumping them together, whether they are good or bad, tend to blow them out of proportion.

For instance, when people think of the task of "fixing the house", it might be overwhelming, the amount of work it takes to accomplish it. However, focusing on the one thing: oiling a creaky door, makes it all seem not so bad, and we find ourselves eager to get started.

The same is true with good and bad news. Taking bad news in tiny chunks instead of creating a huge misfortune by collecting it all is a good way to not let it get you down. And conversely, taking good news the same way ensures we don't get complacent and think things are better-than-good.

I also wish you a very happy upcoming year. You are one of my most favorite people in the world, and you deserve it!

January 2, 2008 at 1:25:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home