Thursday, November 29, 2007

Random Facts

Hello!

As kids we often would play the game of tag.. one person starts.. runs around and tags the others so they too have a turn to be "it " .. it would seem so I've discovered the blog world has a version of this as well and I guess this is my attempt at being "it " .. now be forewarned I cant say that this entry is going to be "all that" or that after reading you will say " that girl is really "it" .. or even " shes sure got " it " going on ... but .. since I have been tagged in good faith and the spirit of friendship I will give this a try .. whatever "it" may turn out to be. Thanks for reading ...

Here are the rules. (1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. (2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


1) I am a rambler. I tend to chat on and on about anything and nothing. Where some find this an endearing quality and enjoy the aimless wanderings of my verbal expression, I tend to wonder lately if I shouldnt explore the observation/conversation ratio! hahaha In the end however .. I am who I am and I suspect I will always be a rambler.. its what I am.

2) I have a odd sense of humor. Innocent comments made in conversations are often taken as humor to my minds interpretation... sometimes its gutter level humor .. sometimes its a different angle on everyday observations.. not everyone gets my humor .. but those who do .. understand me best.

3) I am a doodler. There was a study done once I heard that the things you doodled said something about your personality.. I dont recall where I heard that or when but i remember it .. I cant seem to let a blank page be a blank page.. I feel compelled to put on it drawings, or rhymes verses.. usually flowers and faces.. but doodles can be just about anything .. I wouldnt say my drawings are particularly good from a artistic point of view .. but they often are whimsy and humorous ;)

4) I am a shutterbug. I love to take pictures... be it in real life of strange building angles, or flowers, my favorite is people..or in Second Life where virtual goings on's are snapped and collected like evidence of the goofy highlights of online adventures. I think the sentimentalist in me comes out and I am forever wanting to capture the moments of life to preserve them for generations to come. Life gives us so many moments .. I find photographs are the best way to hold on to some of lifes best memories :)

5) I am technically shy. Technology.. high tech.. computer tech..mechcanical tech.. these things are not high on my list of "wish list" to do. I will find every possible reason to avoid anything that asks me to be tech minded.. however .. once I do attempt it.. learn it .. and perform the tech tasks.. I often find I'm a much happier person for the effort and always come away learning something cool. Doesnt change the fact that I still will shy away from tech type tasks in the future.. if I can. Ha ha. Someday I will embrace it better....

6) I double tie my shoes . As a little girl my Dad would often try to encourage me to keep my laces from coming undone by stepping on the large loops I let hang down my shoe onto the ground.. he wasnt cruel about it , but did this often enough that I got into the habit of tying my shoe in the typical bow .. then tying the loops of my bow into a second bow .. this assured me that the laces would not come undone and that Dad wouldnt have anything in which to step on . Lesson learned. Habit formed.. I am a double loop tier :D

7)I love music . I enjoy all kinds of music .. a few genere's are less desired than others but all types have something to say.. or entertain. I am the kind of person I tend to tune more into the lyrics of a song than the music ... however I am becoming more aware of the music of songs as well lately and find it quite amazing all the rhythms and changes that go on during a song. Ive spoken before how music tends to transport you from present to past memories .. I cannot sing to save my life but music ... will always give me a song in my heart ;D

8) I am a dreamer. Like most of us im sure.. I find the hard times of life are easier coped with when you have a positive dream to look forward too. Life isnt as happy as it could be right now... hang in there .. for the dream of a better one is possibly right around the corner. Is this a unrealistic point of view... some might say so ... I know ... even on my worst days.. all I've had to do is think about my dream for the future and the day just seems more tolerable. This can be a vacation to look forward to .. a life change to plan on ... a bad day at the job and your dreaming about a nice evening once you get home. when negatives happen.. I find im the kind that dreams about the positives to come.


Well there you have it 8 random facts about myself... I'm not at all sure it was pleasant reading but .. I've completed the tagged assignment from my friend. Now I'm to list 8 bloggers to do the same? I doubt I have 8 names to list so lets see how many I can come up with .... that Eric's not already tagged... well I'll say Velveeta.. who doesnt have a blog now but this is a great reason to get one started.. Misty H, who I enjoy reading.. Mera and Reina who Ive enjoyed their blogs.. that brings me up to ... four... oh my ... hmm well lets add on Akela and FireEyes,Dylan Rickenbacker , Ersz.... and say wow I've squeaked out 8 names! Yay me !!
Thanks again for reading and have a great day!


Todays Poem:

Typing facts to random know
new sides of me to you I show

Eight random things in which to reveal
personal expression of how I feel

What did you learn anything new
perhaps, I hope a fresh point of view

Random knowledge gained from my text
my tagged duties I now have expressed


@->-- Rosa

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Woot!!!

Great post, Rosa! Thanks for indulging me and taking this "blogging meme" deeper into the SL blogging universe.

*HUGS!*

November 29, 2007 at 4:32:00 PM EST  
Blogger Coyote said...

The double-tied shoes -- there's the real revelation ;-)

December 3, 2007 at 9:03:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did it! My 8 facts are up :-)

December 3, 2007 at 5:18:00 PM EST  
Blogger misty harley said...

Yay Rosa...thanks..I didn't blog it at my normal place....but at SLprofiles instead:

http://www.secondlifeprofiles.com/slprofiles.asp?id=5584

maybe that will work?

Misty

December 4, 2007 at 6:46:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home