Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Inspirations

Hello!

I had a friend point out to me recently that I have not put an entry on this blog in quite a while. It surprised me to know people were actually reading this blog, and that anything I may have written was interesting enough to be missed. This inspired me to not just copy & paste an exert from my journal, kept on my trip to Australia into this blog but to make a actual thought of the day entry. So my thought for todays post is Inspirations and Musings. What inspires you to do something new, something spontaneous, creative ?

For me Ive felt the tug of inspiration from a few different examples, just daily life can bring the muse of creativity to spark, making new friendships, loving times with older friends, the trials and triumphs of love, and especially music which in and of itself is created from inspiration, can inspire me to be creative. All of these can express themselves in positives brought about by inspirations.

Walt Disney World exists on the inspiration of one mans dream. A living example of how inspiration can bring about great joy and positives, monuments, tributes, even poetry can inspire to create something new. These things can touch the heart and in some cases even the soul to feel, and the expression of those emotions is what I think fuels the muse in us all. What do you think?? What fuels your muse?

Todays Poem:

This poem was written after I felt inspired listening to a friend discuss the
highs and lows of an abusive relationship. *note it is not a personal accounting*

Domestic Violence

She stared at her face by the mirrors light
surprised to see such a terrible sight
she grabbed her makeup to begin the routine
got to do it right, for she's sure to be seen

She puts on her eyes, and a painted on smile
hasn't had a natural one for a long long while
now she's off to get dressed, its long sleeves you know
she always wears them wherever she goes

Today is the day she tells herself in silence
today is the day I break away from this violence
she rounds the corner in a determined fashion
and meets face to face an expression of compassion

Apologies spew out of his mouth,
they seem sincere and yet
she cant forget what she's been through,
but what if forgiveness is truly his intent?

She thinks about the memories the good times they used to share
he says he wants them back again he says he truly cares
and so she stands there thinking and looks into his eyes
she thinks she sees a chance there.. or is it anger in disguise?

She gambles on a changed man and agrees with him she'll remain
but clarifies she's leaving him if it happens once again
he now wants to celebrate and so he throws a party
when the mornings sun rays hit her limp and lifeless body
from his tiny jail cell... all he can say is ...." I'm sorry "

Thank you for reading

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

I like to imagine, but like a crystal, my ideas won't form without a seed. So, I like someone to give me a root idea on which to build. That's my muse.

This post's poem was rather disturbing, although very well written as usual. I think more because of the truth it contained than just having said it. I don't understand why people exist like the couple in the poem. I've known my share of them, and have felt so helpless because you can't "fix" either one of them.

Take care!
Eric

January 26, 2007 at 6:40:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home