Monday, January 1, 2007

Journey

Hello!! Happy New Year!!
Wow 2007! What will this new year be like? With a number like 007 will it be frought with gadgets and seductions? Will it be lucky and packed with victories and personal success? Who can say, but I for one certianly hope that 2007 finds me equally as blessed in treasures of good friends, and strong enough to face wherever life's journey leads.

As mentioned in previous post, I recently traveled to Australia, and kept a log of my adventures. For todays post I plan to share a bit of that journey with any of you reading this blog. Its not edge of your seat action, its not James Bond thrills, its just my muddled, rambled minds thoughts as I took each step toward my destination and the fears and triumphs I observed during the course of my trek. In other words this your chance to scroll to the end NOW and spare yourself.. otherwise proceed at your own risk :) and Thank you.

It was my first time to fly, my first time to travel alone, my first time to be random pat down in security check.. *so much for my disillusion Im sweet and innocent looking* ...Exert from journal...*this is after I've made it through security and tearful goodbyes.. and am sitting in waiting area for first flight.

..I gaze about at my fellow passengers, the majority on this weekday morning, are seemingly business types it's surprising to me how many are on cell phones ha ha However just as I've been writing this a seemingly nice elderly couple has sat next to me. The gentleman was simply that, asking politely about the avaliabilty of the seats by me in a casual fashion.

After a while of nervous fidgeting, fearful anxiety gazes at the gate door and deep breaths I noticed several of those who'd been sitting in our area were filtering to another corridor, I wondered if I'd missed a gate change announcement while writing this log and got up to investigate, I walked the long corridor to where the others had ventured, and stopped at the end of the formed line... a few moments pass and I begin to have that "umm this doesnt seem right " feeling and tap the lady in front of me on the shoulder to inquire as to the purpose of this line... sigh.. of course I was wrong! Finding out this gate was bound for Philadelphia, * Lord thank you for giving me the courage and wisdom to ask questions of strangers* I quickly walked back to my seat I'd had prior to my investigation. It wasn't long and two uniformed men came and sat down next to me, they wore dark pants and white shirts with gold bars on their lapels, you knew they were airline employees. They chitter chattered together and as time ticked by I started to wonder when it rolled round to take off time and I'm still sitting there if I was indeed in the right location....once more I humbled myself to muster up the courage to ask the question. I explained it was my first time flying and all the details spilling out like a bucket of water tipped over once it starts.. theres just no stopping the flow till its drained....OH BOY! they turned out ot be so friendly and helpful and further made it nice by making conversation, the nice man told me to drink lots of water, relax and take in the view. The second man asked me what my final destination was and I answered "Sydney, Australia" the two men...and several others who oviously had been also listening all said "WOW" at the same time! I found this to be a funny moment :)

Theres more to this but I will post it in a later entry due to the length of this current post :) Thank you for reading!!

Todays poem:
Since todays post was about facing fear and doing something worthwhile in life Im sharing my poem called

THE CLIMB

My eyes the gaze upon the shape,
a pointed peak a widening base,
indrawn breath taken in air thats still,
each step towards it defies my fears will.
to tell my friends hey let me bail,
fears so strong I can't prevail,
but keep at it to succeed I do,
to climb the rock so strong and true,
my heart is pounding fears cadence song,
run, now run before something goes wrong,
a battle of wills fighting the feelings,
I gear up and step on this rock I am seeing,
with matrix stillness all things go then,
as Ive touched this rock the moment ZEN.
adrenaline high as the thrill kicks in,
I climb to the top shout to fear.
"I WIN".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home