Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Milestones

We all have them! Milestones, losing your first tooth as a kid, first kiss, first.. well you get the idea..usually milestones are joyous, celebrated cherished, most of us take great joy at birthdays.. they are milestones.. one more year weve had to enjoy life! And anniversarys too are great moments of celebrating the time shared together with your love. It was recently I saw a very close friend of mine expierence a different sort of milestone.. one Id had myself and never quite saw both sides until now. Most of the time milestones are moments of great happiness, sometimes they are difficult to take. My friend was coping with the milestone of the passing of a loved one. It reminded me even more of how much time has passed since my Fathers death. and more recently my brother. I know the days are hard in missing their no longer being there, but ever one to search for a bright side to all things.. I realized yes its sad to remember how long its been since truly missed family or friends have departed, but I cling to the cheerful thought that if I still feel this strongly a year, two years, ten years after they have gone.. and memories of them or how they enhanced my life are still fresh and vivid in my mind.. are they really gone. Alive in my heart, and in my memories.. where I still miss my Dad more than I could ever say with each passing milestone of his departure I lighten my heart to say , " Look at me now Dad! " and continue to strive to be the person I know he believed me always to become :)

What have been some of your milestones and how have you coped or celebrated?
Thank you for reading !

Todays Poem:

My Good Friend

I have a good friend
who's been with me since birth
and all my life he's been there
I never truly knew his worth
the times of life he's shared with me
are my life's fondest memories

he has always been there
with his love and wise advice
which always seemed a comfort
when my life was filled with strife

Throughout my life my good friend
has always been close by
but now our lives are changing
I said I would not cry

There's things I need to tell him
things I need to say
my good friend I care about
is moving far away

I want to say I love him
for I do with all my heart
I want to say he'll always be my greatest friend
despite the distance that keeps us apart

I hope this poem has done that job
for it's so important that it has
this man who is my good friend,
I still call him DAD!

Have a wonderful day :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Rosa, this is beautiful. Thanks so much. :) The first anniversary of Dad's passing was hard, but I hope he's happy with the choices I've made in his absence. Thanks for being so supportive! Your dad would be proud!

January 18, 2007 at 8:02:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home