Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Journal

Hello! As once stated in this blog I am determined to post a few entries from my journal I kept when I traveled to Australia. If for nothing more than to have more than one written account of that journey. This is the disclaimer part of my blog entry, the warning that this may read like a dull narrative or it may read like a suspense.. this is your chance to scroll now or forever hold your yawns and sighs!

As you may recall from an early post I started off at the small airport in my hometown and the events that happened there (see previous post) this picks up where that left off.

~ Exert cont'd~
Finally our flight was called to board and we were a small group, only a small number of us remained of the large crowd that had once gathered in this waiting area.
As I walked down the corridor I thought, "It's finally happening! I'm finally going" but then I reached the plane and was a little shocked at how SMALL this plane was on the inside. Never having flown I was picturing a large plane like the ones you see in movies and tv. I thought as I boarded this craft , a schoolbus seems wider than this! But once I sat down in my seat * 5 A *, it didn't seem that small. I had a window seat which was very cool.

I thought the taxi down the runway part, was much like ridding in a car, albeit a very tall car! I was really surprised how quick we accelerated and how fast the plane was going then we lifted off and that was pretty darn fun!! I got to see houses,cars, swimming pools, all the things you'd expect but just cooler from so high up. Like a big patchwork quilt laid out on the ground! My first airplane ride!
so far .. so good!! We were above the clouds, it looked like a blanket of coolwhip! The flight from my hometown to Chicago was only 27 minutes, for this first time flyer that seems utterly amazing to me as it normally would take 4 hours by train.

Our stewardess was named Joyce and due to the short flight all she served for beverage was water which was fine by me. Upon landing we were all lined up to disembark, again all of us cramed into the tiny corridor of the plane made me reminiscent of desending the schoolbus at the end of the ride.. as Im approaching the exit door, the cockpit door opens and there sitting as pilot and copilot were the very same two men who'd so kindly talked with me in the waiting area back before the flight!! I found that quite funny! leave it to me to haphazzardly ask a random employee for guidance and have it turn out to be the pilot and copilot!

We arrived in Gate G6 and my next flight was to be departing Gate H12. It was a bit of a walk considering it was just the next letter of the alphabet ha ha, but I found my way * Yay me!! * and to confirm my job well done I ate more humble pie and asked a counter attendant if I was in right spot.

More on this trip in later entries... I hope you enjoyed this read.. if not * shakes you gently* .. Wake up ..it's over... Thank you for reading!

Todays Poem: Since i learned a lot on my trip, here's an ode to teachers...

Teacher

My eyes grow weary from the work on my desk
my thought process is in a terrible mess
from the pile of papers I lifted up my head
a quite distraction is what I needed instead

My eyes they gaze about the space
and on several others of the human race
I looked upon white collar and blue collar too
I looked upon leaders of me and of you

I started to see how important my task
to do a great job..one that would last
the work that I do in the field of education
brings great results if not great apprecaition

I sat there in awe of whom I share this room with
the future of our country in a class of school kids
of all the things I could have been...
a President, a sales rep, a doctor, a preacher,
I am glad I stuck with my first choice,
for I am proud to be a teacher!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Ooh! I'm so glad you decided to start posting this! Your big Austrailian adventure! :) I can't wait to read more! Why am I ending all my sentences in exclamation points? Except that last one -- and now this one.

Take care,
Eric

January 31, 2007 at 4:26:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home