Friday, March 23, 2007

Expectations

Hello!

Isnt it amazing how often we base our thoughts and actions based expectations. What are expectations precisely? Websters would tell us that they are the art or state of expecting. There are common sense expectations .. we expect we will wake up in the morning, the sun will rise and fall over the course of the day, and breathing for the day will be required haha!

Some expectations are surprising, like a expected business deal thats far more successful than projected,or the famous " It will never happen" happening that catches you off guard and bewildered.

Expectations of friendships sometimes we get so comfortable in our set ways we
forget to show expected courtesies to those that matter the most to us. And before you know it, a friendships taken for granted ):

Recently Ive had something very wonderful happen regarding expectations. As many of you know I am a resident of the world of Second Life, and several months after I joined I had the chance to meet two very wonderful individuals who over the course of time grew to be more family than friend. I even traveled to Australia to meet them in real life. About two years ago, circumstances found them leaving Second Life and I missed them dearly.. despite seeing them daily in other venues of technology, it was their presence in SL that I still sorely missed. My expectation was that Id never see them come back and it was a sad circumstance to accept. However here it is two years later and fate in all her kindness has found the return of my "virtual brothers" to Second Life and I am positively beaming!! A shout out to Braddie and Rysidian and massive grin, Im so glad your back !!

Dolmere , bless his heart, a while back inquired of me if I would participate in the ongoing blog challenges that were being issued to many of us bloggers, I struggle sometimes for topics that I think would be interesting for you who read these rambles so a challenge of a topic to comment on didnt strike me as a bad idea, between my real life demanding me and my fall damaging me temporarily I never got
far on my participation. In steps Dolmere once more * that guy needs a cape and sexy D on his chest* for as many times hes helped out someone. Passing me a link with all the , thus far challenge topics. The most recent was about Expectations .

What Were Your Expectations of SL?

When I started Second Life, to be honest I really had no expectations. I was playing the Sims Online at that time and not being at all a nerdy or tech type girl this hyped new 3D virtual world held little of my attention. However I am *as some of you know all too well* a chatty person and upon the request of a friend to try it I found myself born in SL . I guess if there were any expectations at all for me they were assumptions building in SL would be as click and drag easy as it was in TSO I soon ...very soon.. found I was quite mistaken. LOL It was quite a different world from TSO , it was quite a different world from what its grown to be now. Expectations then.. I had none just wanted to explore. Expectations now ......... I would hope the bonds made in the world of Second life will continue to strengthen, I hope the technology grows to match the volume of residents that inhabit the grid and I hope that while embracing the presence of corporate companies and real life profits in Second Life , it not lose sight of the small town community sense of caring and closeness for one another. Things I still catch glimpses of from time to time while in world. Thank you for reading.

Todays Poem: In regards to expectations

A Man's Fantasy:

I slipped off the blanket,
and saw her there in all her beauty
with all that shes packing
she's really quite a cutie

The curves she had going
could drive a man just wild
but she held them tight and strong
with grace and beautiful style

And when you got her started
not a bad sound did she make
just the low and steady hum
as different postitions you would take

She kept a steady pace with you
still strong as from the start
she still gave it all she had
when most others would have fallen apart

But now the fun is over
as your wifes voice bellows from the kitchen
come insdie right now she says
and stop playing with that ENGINE!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the small town feel too. Well it seems like a small town anyway, I have always lived in the city :)

March 23, 2007 at 10:02:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See my blog response at http://dixiestarr.blogspot.com/

March 23, 2007 at 10:03:00 PM EST  
Blogger Eric said...

My expectations were commercial in nature. What I got instead exceeds any and all expectations. I am so addicted to my friends in SL that I tend to forget it's a virtual environment! :)

As I read in someone's profile once, "Virtual world, real emotions." It was cautionary, if I understood it, but it rings so true in a positive sense as well.

April 7, 2007 at 1:12:00 PM EST  
Blogger Eric said...

oh... and by the way... I'm all caught up now. You can put up some new posts. (teasing!)

April 7, 2007 at 1:13:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home