Wednesday, April 18, 2007

E-mails

Hello!

*Dramatic Entrance Music*

Yes , yes, Its me. I know , shocking isnt it.. I'm actually making a new post without a months time lapsing. *waits for the ooh's and ahh's * ...

Today as I was sending out some emails to some pretty wonderful friends it dawned on me just how much joy this wonderful little technological feat brings to me . Now having said that Im in no way saying it beats the good old fashioned hand written letter. We should all endeavor to send more of those to friends and family whenever possible:) However I do confess that emails can bring quite the enhancement to the day.

It boggles the mind how I can sit in my office and type words on a screen , click a button and send them to a friend in a far away place and hopefully make them smile.
I am very well blessed to have a great group of kind souls who so sweetly tolerate my addiction and graciously allow me to invade their workdays daily.

So taking a moment to say thank you~

Travis, you so kindly endure every virtual window I send and in doing so give me the best view of good friendship :) Thank you

Sporked, ever the one to skip the #6 the you have taught me much about friendship and been the best ambassador of true Canadian hospitality ;) Thank you

John, kind spirit your kindness is only outshined by your compassion :) Thank you

Gryphon, dear friend! you are the essence of a true southern gentleman :) Thank you

Eric, postive person, always with a kind word to share bless your heart :) Thank you

Lyndon, sweet soul, patient and perservering. Youve taught me a lot :) Thank you

Semaj, If Duke had a team of great friendship players.. you'd be the MVP :)Thank you

Patrick, new to the send, your friendship makes the day shine with smiles:)Thank you

Special mention to Ursula :) Such a great lady!

Acknowledging these fine folks is in no way to lessen the wonderful bonds of friendship I share with so many of this online realm but for this blog entrys purpose I just wanted to simply say Thanks to them for the great kindness they
share with me daily, its much appreciated.

So how has email effected your life? Are you a daily communicator or a infrequent texter? Whats been the best or worst email you've ever read? Where do you see email
5 years from now?

Todays Poem:

E-mail Thrill

I awake quite easy,
and sit afore my PC
with excited curiousity
to see who may have sent to me

Then my mouth
it widely grins end to end
as "YES" I see it
email from friends!

I gaze across its content
the words they flow with ease
the tone is oh so friendly
and the meaning it does please

And so my day starts happy
as I write back right away
thrilled to have their email
and read what good friends had to say!

Thank you for reading

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaycatt said...

Aww, wonderful blog post again hon ^^

You are such a generous caring person to be so consistent and thoughtful in your emails :) I have such a tough time writing, as mostly I talk about nothing in more words than necessary, hehe...

You're the kind of person who will always be surrounded by friends, because you care about them, and they care about you!

Friends are what matters, I think, and although keeping in touch with them can be tricky at times, it is very worth it in the long run, when you look back on your life and think of the happy times. Odds are they are times spent with friends!

April 19, 2007 at 1:47:00 PM EST  
Blogger Eric said...

Rosa, dear, I am as thoroughly addicted to your e-mails as you are to writing them. :) I'm not nearly as diligent as you, but I try to respond often as I can.

To answer your questions, the best e-mails I get are those that are to me from the heart of someone special. The worst are those that appear to be in that category and turn out to be something impersonal forwarded to a list of 50 people that happens to include me (usually with a threat to my good fortune should I fail to burden 10 others with it).

I think in 5 years, e-mail will be a lot like it is today. Like pen and paper, it will remain even though something flashier may come along. Documenting the future has a hefty tendency for inaccuracy, though. :) Who knows?

April 24, 2007 at 10:14:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home