Thursday, May 17, 2007

Continued Journey

I have made these entry's about my trip to Australia so few and far between I am taking longer to tell the trips journey than it took to take the journey hahaha! For what its worth, here is another entry in the continuing story. *insert usual disclaimers about it being a ramble here *

- 9:45 p.m. Los Angeles Time
We've landed! I say we meaning the lot of us passengers who arrived on the plane. This is the farthest I think I have been from home in my lifetime, BUT! It's the closest I've ever been to Australia and seeing my dear friends Braddie and Rysie! This is the leg of the journey thats most exciting as I know they will be there on the end of this next flight.
Los Angeles Airport is pretty big. I dont say this for endless walking, the Lord was kind to me and had me enter LAX from my Chicago flight right next to where I will depart for my Sydney flight, but I say it for in Chicago when we landed we seemed to taxi on forever before docking and disembarking and when I landed in LA we seemed to dock and disembark quite promptly.

A long wait in LAX that didnt seem like long at all such a flurry of commings and goings to observe, it was quite fascinating the many walks of life travelers at a busy airport can represent. I stood in line at "check in" for flight 108 Qantas to Sydney, where they exchanged my perfectly good green American Airlines ticket for a red and white Qantas one. Which minutes later they merely ran in and out of a small machine and spit it back out. As I sat and waited for announcement to board I heard this loud hum, shrill, whatever you like to call it and looked out the window and saw it! The Qantas Jet!! OMG it was the biggest airplane I'd ever seen in my life!
It was awesome, massive, why the wing alone was bigger than my house! It was all white and gleeming under the lights and I saw the Kangaroo logo on the tail. I know this will paint me as a bit childish but I was so excited! Wanting to tell the total strangers in the wait area with me " THERE IT IS!!! " but to keep quiet and maintain my illusion of maturity seemed the better decision hahaha.

As I continued to sit there I saw a well dressed *flight uniform* man walk past toting a cute two piece luggage set, it had the Qantas kangaroo logo embossed onto it , and I thought "oh cool, looky that!" then within 10 minutes 9 more staff had arrived and all sat next to me in the wait area. Now perhaps I was feeling jet lagged, after all I was two flights into this three flight trek, perhaps it was the late hour a mere 2 a.m. my time.. whatever the reason I found sitting there with 10 kangaroos *logos* surrounding me in a circle and hearing the staff speak in heavy thick accents ... between seeing the plane, surrounded by kangaroos, and the aussies accents I got such a case of giddyness I couldnt stop giggling and smiling much to the bewlidered ponderments of my fellow travelers haha.

Finally we were boarded, my seat 47K a window seat, and ironically on the wing I'd first seen of this monstrosity. I had worried about the restroom location being such a long flight and climbing over ppl to gain isleway access however as we readied to take off only a man on the isle seat arrived to claim his seat so the middle seat remained empty and my row was just two rows away from the lavatory. Now I didnt use the middle seat or set my junk in it but something about that extra elbow room on a 14 1/2 hour stretch I was indeed blessed by the circumstance.


More trip in later entries.. thanks for reading.. * shakes you gently* You can wake up now :)

Todays Poem:

Bonsai

Small one in the pot
what do your branches see
One of love to care for thee,
or searcher for tranquility

Which description better
to describe the bond we share
You provide me peace and comfort
I provide you loving care

As you grow so strong and green
your life it seems to thrive
to think i felt I couldn't care for you
I am so glad I tried

As I go about my life
whenever I see you I will sigh
Thank you for the gardening fun
my tiny little Bonsai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home