Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Rosa Ramble

Hello!

Yes, I know .. *prepares to receive chastizing* its been a while since my last post. Hi my name is Rosa and I am a blog procrastinator... I guess I kept waiting hoping some divine inspiration would hit me and I'd log on to type out something terribly witty and thought provoking... leaving you all with a smile and positive thought for your day.. but today, aint a gonna be that post ;D

In real life its a busy time of year, many milestones are being reached in these few months of spring and summer and I suspect I will emerge in the fall a stronger person for all the events, however at the time of this writing I just feel old. haha

My oldest son is graduating highschool in a few days, my first born, first of all I cannot fathom where all the years went, its cliche' I know but it really does seem like just yesterday he was a little one taking his first steps and now hes on that last step before being a man.. its one of those hallmark moments you just have to stop and take in for a second. Hes was a great kid and has become a good man. I'm excited for him embarking on this new phase of his life.. and yet .. I also find myself enveloped in wistfulness that "my baby" is all grown up. Its a special time.

Add to that my youngest son is about to turn 16 yrs old, another milestone of sorts in life, your sweet 16. Hes going to be taking on drivers training.. 'nuff said. haha
My youngest is 6 feet tall and dwarfs me terribly now.. again.. I look at this milestone of life and cant help but feel a bit wistful at how my life is flying by.

Add still to this that late this summer I will hit the big 40 birthday and Im finding the thought a bit daunting. Now I dont find anyones age important to my finding them a friend or good human being whatsoever, so why is it that I find myself feeling so reluctant to reach this age myself? Am I going to instantly find my parts and bits breaking down like a car so uncannily does just days after the warranty expires?? Will I have some sort of invisible label that all but me will see, a bright flashing tag "SHES 40!!" no.. so it boogles my mind as to why this particular age seems to burden my thoughts. If any of you have any positive advice on letting go of wistfulness on this , by all means send them this way :D

I as Ive mentioned before in this blog am pretty excited about some travels I'll have this summer, the first of which is the long awaited and happily anticipated visit to see Jaycatt. I've known Jaycatt for a couple years now, having met him in the world of Second Life and I think this visit has been in the planning for most of that time.. Im not sure just what we'll do while I'm there, I know Jaycatt's been planning some amazing things to see and enjoy and I look forward to it all in his treasured company. Jaycatt is my best friend and Im so happy to finally get to visit him. I know it will be a blast. It will be great to meet him and Frogg and Maken, Littleturtle, and Nancy.

As if all of this doesnt overload the joy meter, Im blessed to find myself with the opportunity to meet my wonderful friend Patrick LaSalle. Second Life again can be credited for this meeting, having first seen him performing as a live musician, Patrick has been my companion in SL for a while now, sharing all the craziness and seriousness that is found in the virtual world. He has been such a awesome friend to me, I am most definetly a stronger and happier person for the blessing of his friendship. He endures my rambles about my family, friends, crazy ideas, my sense of humor and was quite sweet in tolerating it when I put out butterflies all around his plot. Having only been to the LAX airport as my " claim to west coast travel" fame. Im greatly anticipating seeing his town and its surrounding sights.

Of course like so many of you might also be going I am looking forward to the SLCC convention in Chicago. So much of my time in the game of Second Life is spent at live music shows.. I am quite thrilled to have the opportunity to partake of a real life expierence of hearing so many of my favorite sl musicians play. and meeting many of the sl friends I've made over the years. Its going to be great fun times!

If your still with me and ive not bored you to tears in this post.. let me close with this one quote.. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Aesop (620 BC - 560 BC),


Todays Poem:

Since Mothers Day has recently passed I'll share a poem I did back in 1995 after
a day Id spent with my oldest child.

Mothers Day-

I'v covered you up and tucked you in
I couldn't help but grin
You said your prayers and kissed me goodnight
then I turned out the light

I thought about the day we'd spent
just you and I alone
how quickly then it dawned on me
just how much you'd grown

You no longer were this tiny babe,
I'd held so close to me
but you've grown into a 'big boy'
and I am so proud you see

I prayed to the Lord in thankfulness
for the blessings of the day
and said a special thank you
for treasured moments along the way

And when my prayer ended
there was only one thing more to say
and that's in being a Mom to a child like you ,
Everyday is "Mothers Day" :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaycatt said...

Great entry hon! What a wonderful poem, it really fits with the knowledge of your oldest becoming a man too :)

Also, I can't wait to get to have you over to visit, it's going to be so much fun! As long as I don't overwhelm you with stuff to do, lol...

May 17, 2007 at 11:24:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Rosa, what a time in your life! I can imagine a little of what it is like for you ... my daughter is 16 now and will be off to France for a few months later this year. I can hardly believe it ... where have those years gone?
As far as the big 40, don't panic. Being a senior citizen has its perks (j/k). No seriously, in the end the crossing of that bridge is no more difficult than getting used to writing the correct date after New Year. The child in me hasn't even noticed it.
Lovely poem! How I remember those evenings ...

May 21, 2007 at 3:17:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home