Sunday, May 20, 2007

More Journey.. Are we there YET??

Hello again! As it would seem I find another opportunity to lodge another entry of the trip I took to Australia, at my current rate of entries, I expect you'll read my arrival there about Christmastime lol! Okay perhaps nothing as dramatic as all that but here is more to the journey.. last chance to click the back button...now.

- 12 a.m. LA time and we were taking off!! Thats 3 a.m. for me! I had the window seat but at 12 a.m. there was nothing much to view but darkness. My seat is comfy, it reclines thats a plus.. but im concious not to lay back too far and cause annoyance to the passanger behind me. I am settling in.. trying to relax for the long hours ahead.. it had been about an hour since take off when imagine my surprise they begin to serve us Supper! HAHA! this cracks me up! Supper at 4 a.m. est time!
I'm not in America anymore Toto! The choice was Lime Chicken or Penne in Mushroom Sauce- I picked the pasta in mushroom sauce it also came with a cold bean salad but I passed on that. With 12 plus more hours to go ..beans was the last thing I should eat! *blush*

I kicked off my shoes * hope thats allowed* and curled up best as possible in my seat and drifted off to a shallow slumber .. about 4 1/2 - 5 hours I woke up later with a nasty crick in my neck. This might annoy most folks but I found myself laughing as usual my warped sense of humor.. all I could think of was .. how I wanted to say "oh "Crick"ey !! " hahaha ok I forewarned you it was lame humor.

There was a little video showing us some excercises to do in our seats, to prevent blood clots in the legs. The encourage the ratio 3-4 min every hour. Excercises such as rotating the ankles, pulling knees up like your stepping, etc. There's not much to see out the window as yet, its still too dark out but I can see the wing and each glance I am just awe struck at its size!

Its now midnight Aussie time * whee heee Im going by aussie time haha* and the flight crew just gave us a snack pack! This consisted of Bottle of water, Roll of peppermints, bag of potato chips, and COOKIES!!! The water was much welcomed as the air is very dry on plane.

Our breakfast came about 4 a.m. Aussie time which a choice of hot of cold was given. Cold being cereal (Raisin Bran ) melon salad, muffin and juice. the Hot which was my choice was vegetable melody * fancy title for omelette * it was a cube of mix moshed ingredients. eggs, green veggie something, tomatoes., it also came with melon salad *musk melon orange and green* lemon poppy seed muffin, orange juice and pork sausage link and a roma tomato stewed and seasoned. I followed it with a cup of hot tea which by the time i was brave enough to drink it , was luke warm. After breakfast we have just three hours to go till we land in SYDNEY!!

More to come later .............thanks for reading:)

Poem:
I was here .. and now im gone
Ive left these lines to carry on
tired of typing in this blog
Ill post more later, but now I'll log. :))

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaycatt said...

Thanks for posting more about your trip hon! I really find it entertaining reading... Very nice to hear about your experiences flying and going to a foreign country for your first time! I'm living vicariously through your travels :D

May 21, 2007 at 4:29:00 PM EST  
Blogger Timmeh said...

Wow, I'm really impressed by the quality of the food you got there :)

May 23, 2007 at 6:52:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home