Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Playful Poet

Here is the "main kick" I built upon my land, a simple place with style , for my avatar to stand... I'd had this little notion, a idea on which to think.. would it be fun to try .. or maybe it'd just stink..I opted to share the plan with my dear sweet buds, who hastily assured me , my idea wasnt a dud. I am a simple poet, in my heart of hearts, and with one supported notion, the poet house.. we'd start . I created the rough draft, which was very misaligned.. Jay came in and fixed it all, in precious little time... I applied the textures.. ..badly off centered.. Patrick came in and fixed them all .. I swear he is my mentor . I colored the floors and stage .. it didnt look so great.. Patrick came in and suggested a change I agreed.. with. "little" debate :)) So we sent out invites and listed in events.. the night arrived quite quickly.. my poems to now present .....
This is Patrick LaSalle, bassist oh so fine.. layed down a groovy backbeat to my poetic lines.. He MC'd the evening with style unsurpassed.. kept us all a smilin from the first moment to the last ..

This is Jaycatt Nico... the coolest cat around .. when he sits at the keys.. you know your rhythm bound! He played a swinging melody to accentuate the rhyme.. and helped to bring us all a thriller diller time !!


the poet night would have been a bomb, without them both there .. I was thrilled for their help and in the evenings fun to share ..


Thanks again to all of you who graced the beatnik scene.. your presence and your clapping... made me feel a Queen! :)


Now if you look back carefully, I havent forgot to share,
a poem of a post with you.. for look again its there..
in this special entry. youll note that every line..
makes the whole page my poem for the clever way it rhymes :D


Thank you for reading

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That sure was a blast hon! I really enjoyed it, getting to hear you read your poems, getting to mess around on piano, and also getting to play with Patrick once again! I hope we do it again some time :) Thanks for including me :D

October 24, 2007 at 6:31:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

snap, snap, snap, snap

That was really good.
Poetry in motion and
rhymes for all to see

Alan is my name
but as you can plainly see
Haiku is my game

October 25, 2007 at 5:51:00 AM EST  
Blogger Amy Goulet said...

Rosa...what to say but WOOOT!
Great job *hugs*

Can we do it again?

October 25, 2007 at 1:32:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, Rosa!

So as the de facto head of "Rosa's Fan Club" (since a certain unnamed person refused the honor), can I go ahead and start scheduling appearances?

October 26, 2007 at 1:40:00 PM EST  
Blogger Amy Goulet said...

Am I the "certain unnamed person"? All I said was " Alan, could you please make a Rosa Fan Club tag...cuz I don't feel like it."
Besides....I'm more of a behind the scene kind of person :-)

October 29, 2007 at 12:54:00 PM EST  
Blogger Coyote said...

Velveeta -- "more of a behind the scene kind of person".. yeah, in the cherchez la femme sense :-).

Rosa's poetry slam, all in all, I have to count among my favorite experiences in SL. Ever.

October 31, 2007 at 12:21:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home