Thursday, November 22, 2007

Special Places

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving! For those of you celebrating it on this day.

Today my ramble is about special places, you know that place you like to take yourself too when your feeling just a little low, or foolish , or just to meditate on the many blessings your life has dealt... as kids .. at least for me .... our bedroom was always the place to go and think about things.. a safe haven from youthful trial and triumphs, as I got older.. there was a spot in my Dad's flower garden he'd built... it was my favorite place to go whenever I felt down.


Dad's flower garden is gone now ... and nowadays.. with the aid of technology a special place can be just about anywhere ... from a quiet park just around the corner ....to a virtual home in cyberspace... wherever you find contentment and peace of mind. Im thankful for many blessings in my life ... even when somedays I struggle to see they are there ... on this day set aside to be thankful.. what are some of your special places your thankful to have in your lives?

Todays Poem:

When I feel low, I often go
to a park just down the way
I sit upon a pretty bench
and nothing do I say

my mind it wraps around the scenes
calm and tranquil feel
and all the days anxiety and stress
fades and begins to heal

woes may weigh heavy
and try to bring me down
but always in my special place
there is often joy to be found

Where is your special place
that you love to go to sit
and rejuvinate your spirits
when the day youd like to quit

For my friends and family
who've no special place to start
you've always got a spot with me
forever in my heart


Thank you for reading !

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Tag! You're it. I did an "Eight Random Facts" post, which requires that I tag eight other bloggers. :) Care to join? Let's get some more SL bloggers into this thing!

November 27, 2007 at 1:06:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home