Friday, July 20, 2007

10 Day Blessing Part 3


Hello! Yep its me again.. with more from my wonderful journey to the PST time zone!
For this entry I'm condensing several days events into one summarized entry to save space...ummm... looks at you shyly...well....ok ok ok... its to save typing for me:))

July 4th-

After Frogg had finished his live show there was only time enough for Jay and I to hop in the car and head out to run a quick errand at his workplace and then off to the cookout being held at his Fathers home. It was at this cookout I was most fortunate enough to meet Jaycatts real life sister Littleturtle Davis, what a marvelous and great lady she is! I liked her right away very friendly and sweet!
she wasn't expected to be at the cookout so getting the chance to meet her afterall was a nice treat:) I also was privilaged to meet Jay's Dad and his dear friend Nancy and her husband. Very nice people with the kindest of hearts. We all enjoyed a most delicious meal of marinated chicken, Jay's fennel pasta salad, and "damn rolls" courtesy of Nancy, oh and the tastiest cookies ever!! Jays oatmeal, chocolate chip walnut! After dinner we filtered out onto the brand new deck to watch the fireworks show.

Fireworks show:
An AMAZING SHOW! Unlike any I have ever seen in my life!!! From the balcony which was high in the hill the view was from one giant hill * looked more like a mountain to me * on the left to a giant hill on the right I had a panoramic view of all the fireworks shows going off in the city! I was so blessed to see it and forever grateful to Jaycatt and his Dad for the opportunity!! Thanks again Kitty!

July 5th- Thursday this day brought another fine day of bright sunshine and blue skies, a visit to the ROSE GARDEN which was a most stunning and beautiful place, the aroma that greets you as you walk into this garden .. a bouquet of rose scents envelope your senses.. the vivid colors of vast rows of blooming roses was an amazing sight to be seen and most happily enjoyed! Jay showed me a Fred Meyers store.. it was interesting as it was very close to the "meijers" we have back home.. we picked up a few odds and ends needed for the coming days and I treated Jay to lunch at a place called IZZYS. A nice meal buffett style. condensing this day up to say it was filled with many nice moments of good conversation with Kitty, a nice time to share conversation without the constraints of the internet. Megg Demina arrives on this day!! YAYYY!

July 6th-
Belive it or not but TWO women and TWO men managed to get around and ready ON TIME for our set out goal time. We are heading for a place called Silver Falls today. Our first stop was at a quick mart to get some drinks for our journey, its Megg's first time in America and so Frogg picked up a sandwhich with some swiss cheese on it for her to get a taste :)) A quick stop at the gas station for a fill up and our happy delight at Jaycatts fine performance of "cleaning the windshield" hehehe we drove to Silverton to see the falls! We started at the North falls, a bit of a steep decline down.. we traverse the trail that took us to the most beautiful waterfall, tall and flowing such a stunning sight!! Stopping several times to take pics and oblivious to me ...video... * looks at Jaycatt!!! * ... I loved this place and thought it an amazing view! We got to walk on a trail that even took us behind the flow of the fall the "mountain" hill was so overgrown head room was headed with caution, jagged rock face loomed near as the path widened or narrowed. From this waterfall we went back "uphill" to the main lodge.. now going down didnt seem that much of a difficulty at all ..however the steep inclines and *sighs* ..stairs going back up had my knees speaking to me in the most unlady like manners! hehehe We hiked up to the main lodge where we enjoyed first of all, for me at least, a much grateful rest, and secondly a little cafe held many options for the four of us for lunch treat.

Frogg and Megg each tried the Garden Burger.. I'm not all that sure precise on what was in it but I did rather enjoy the phrase describing it as "Garden on a bun" :D
Jaycatt had a double burger and oh my goodness did it look deliciously yummy!! and I opted to indulge in the tuna salad and added two small snicker doodle cookies on because I just cant be "that " good :D From the lodge we hiked/walked over to the Upper North Falls, to enjoy. This fall had a larger flow of water than the first, and a feature we all liked was the "cave " like area of the path that went behind the falls. Many pictures were taken here :) I'm continually amazed at the beauty that is in this state and how lucky each of its residents are to claim this as "home"

We hiked back to the start again and took a small detour down to the stream that flowed.. stream, brook, river.. the calm before the fall of the ledge storm.. Jaycatt wedged his camera in a nearby spot and set the timmer and ran just in time to jump in view to capture a nice group shot of the four of us. I also having seen a man in the area with tripod and very large camera lens's asked him to snap a shot with my camera too capturing a second shot of our happy group :) After the hike back out we hopped in the car and headed off to the Oregon Garden!

Our weather continues to bless beautifully on this day, crisp blue skies, sunshine, and a day thats warm but now sweltering! We pay our $10 admission fee, it seems a bit steep but includes tram ride tour that travels the 21 different gardens on display. We enjoyed the garden greatly but one of my best memories will forever be walking in the "weird things" garden when I spotted a rock that said " a map".. recalling the lyrics of the Candy Mtn. melody song.. " I found a map".. this was an especially funny discovery.. a little later on as we meandered our way through the beauty of the gardens.. we came across a bench which had a large carved mountain as its back, we again joked about Candy Mtn. and took pics. it was about then the idea was had to collect pics from the lyrics of the song to run at the show for SL later that evening :D Once back at the gift shop, Jaycatt purchased a small siamese kitty and Megg a tiny Frogg and we were headed back the long ride back home, I confess I dozed off for a good portion of this ride so any silly antics or memories are forever kept to themselves :D

MORE LATER thanks for reading

Todays Poem:

Waterfalls and Gardens
great beauty we behold
creating special memories
and stories to be told

sunshine beams happily
smiles constant shine
spending time with special friends
all day feels so fine

the day it passed so quickly
but ne'er from the fun to part
relive it anytime I like
from the memory in my heart

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

You describe it so well, it almost feels like I was there. BTW... I wanna see the video. :)

HUGS!

Eric

July 21, 2007 at 1:41:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jaycatt said...

Really cool hon :D You describe it perfectly! Even a lot of details I had forgot until I read them right now! Thanks again for writing all of it down in such wonderful detail :) Wish you were still here :D

July 28, 2007 at 10:24:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home