Thursday, August 2, 2007

Trials and Triumphs

Hello! Yep this picture really helps sum up my feelings the past few weeks... you dont know whether to laugh or look away! Today, was a day I have been truly dreading ....today was my birthday. Now dont get me wrong.. I love birthdays!, I love to fuss over them and make the day memorable for the lucky one to be celebrating:) But this birthday was especailly difficult for me as it marked the fourth decade I have been blessed to be here. Ive run the spectrum from high to low on emotions about this milestone and wanted to fight its arrival with every excuse possible .. I finally decided to make it a postive.. not wallow in a negative and treated myself to a day at the zoo today. Being out and doing something fun .. redirected my fretful mind to more enjoyable thoughts to ponder, like is the animal in this pic smiling or silently sizing me up thinking " I bet I could take her " ? I had many blessings fill the hours of my day and by the days end.. I settled into a quiet acceptance of lifes eventualities and took pride in the things Ive done and pondered whimiscally of the adventures life might yet bring me :)
My favorite animals in the zoo, these little guys have all it takes to bring a instant smile to my face. Wonders if hes wishing that bit hes chewing on was really a straw into a Iced Mocha at Starbucks?? Or maybe thats what Id be wishing :D

Jaycatt bless his heart treats me to a special birthday gift of live music :D He played such terriffic tunes as "Seasons", "Rainbow Connection", and the hitchikers guide theme which I know has a different name but I call it the Hitchikers theme :D , just to name a few! A wonderful performance and most greatly appreciated!!


Semaj inspired by great music , hops on to perform a virtual duet with Jaycatt :) *note the purple piano WOOT!! *










More audience participation :)















The day ended on a marvelous note.... literally... as Shadrack ( http://www.shadrackband.com/ ) performed a show at the Slip, any show they sing is always a most wonderful treat but tonights was especially so as they delighted with a special rendition of "Happy Birthday" and a particular favorite of mine their "snap crackle pop " song ;) Great music, Good friends... Oh Happy Day!
Thank you for reading and Bless Your Heart !




Todays Poem:
Its the little things that life can give
makes a blessing each day you live
Its rejoicing in a role well done
and beginnings of a adventures fun
Numbers can label and cripple esteem
till second look taken helps to break free
lifes a constant its rules we abide
let go of age and just enjoy the ride!
Rejoice in the memories of triumphs past
grow stronger from trials, lifes lessons to last
Silly sometimes I tend to be
so caught up in pity Im blinded to see
age is no sentence on lifes events
but merely a number of its days you've spent
dont be like me and let it cause strife
live each day happy and life is allright!
August 2007

1 Comments:

Blogger Coyote said...

"let go of age and just enjoy the ride!" -- Sounds like you arrived safely on this side of your birthday ;-)

August 3, 2007 at 2:50:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home