Monday, June 25, 2007

Countdown

We all have had a countdown of some kind or another in our life.. the parental countdown most of us expierenced from our parents when we'd pushed the envelope a bit to far.. " I want you to apologize to your brohter!! in 5...4...3...2...1 "

How many of you joined in the countdown till the end of the school year and summer began! In XX more days we could kiss math and spelling tests goodbye and enjoy swimming and baseball and any other mischief the summer let us find.

We've watched the countdown of progress .. joining in with the announcer and fellow spectators to marvel as the space shuttle is launched propelling our future high into the heavens.

Every Sunday my Dad and I would listen together to the Country Music Countdown on the radio, and I can receall many times in highschool listening to the Top 20 Countdown of pop music hits.

I had a countdown of my own when I marked the days until my long awaited trip to Sydney, Australia. The many months of waiting seemed to pass by easier to my imaptient heart by partaking in a "countdown".

Countdowns most always lead to something positive, a long awaited pleasure is about to commence , a most anticipated event soon to happen.. I have found myself very blessed to once more be in the midst of a countdown!

In just a VERY few short days I will be boarding a jet to whisk me westward to enjoy a most long awaited trip, to meet Jaycatt Nico. Its been so long in planning it was always one of those pleasant " yeah someday " type dreams .. my countdown was long and steady, year, to months, to now simply days.. its very exciting! I met Jay almost 2 years ago now in the world of Second Life. We've been such great friends ever since, Im elated for the opportunity to finally meet him in the real world. Maybe he'll play his song "Seasons" for me live. wheee! So many things Jay speaks about us going to see, I cant wait to take in all the sights and sounds of it all!

In addition to meeting Jaycatt I am pretty excited to meet several other folks and friends I've known in Second Life while I'm there , Frogg, Jay's roommate and a pretty sweet person in his own right, Megg, a new friend to me but already one I cherish greatly! Maken, my brother in SL I'm excited to see him! Nancy, Jays very close friend and my new friend! Littleturtle, Jays sister in real life and one terriffic lady! (Of course I am using only the second life names of all these folks as Im not sure how proper it would be to list their real names)all such kind folks I know meeting them will only bring added wonderment to an already wonderful trip!

I'm also particularly excited to meet my friend Patrick LaSalle! He's grown to become such a very special friend to me, a most wonderful person, meeting him in real life will be the preverbial icing on the cake:) I am so excited to see myself the mountains I've seen only in pictures! Amazing scenery I know I will be the typical jaw dropped gazing in awe tourits at the first sight of them! So my countdown continues.. I will keep making the "X's" on the calendar knowing soon...
my countdown will end! What countdowns do you have going on in your life ??


Todays Poem:

Numbers decrease, my heartbeat races
soon to depart for far off places
butterflies flutter, my tummy flop-flips
about to enjoy a most wonderful trip

Years to months, months to days
days to minutes, my spirits will raise
X's made in a box for each day passed
countdown to a time we'll make memories to last!

Thank you for reading!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaycatt said...

Wow, yeah it's coming right up! And the best part is I don't have to even leave home to get to see someone, for a change... :D Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your visit, and I hope I'm able to keep you entertained. I personally don't mind just sitting around, because even in a new place that is still a welcome change, but it's not everyone's cup of tea ;)

June 25, 2007 at 1:01:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home