Saturday, July 14, 2007

10 Day Blessing ( Part two )

Hello! Got the popcorn, preferred beverage, candy stash? Great then your all set for part two of the adventure.. here goes:

Helping me to find the baggage carousel I need, we wait for my bag to circle round the conveyor belt, I swear I think it was the last bag off the plane! Ugh!! Going through a oddly built revolving door Jay and I leave the airport and following Jays route he takes us on a footbridge of sorts, we can see the steady flow of drop off and pick up traffic below us and lush beautiful green vines overhang the side of the parking garage. Beautiful sight, especially with the bright sun beating down to spotlight it all.

Bless his heart, Jaycatt having heard from Patrick that I'd yet to eat that day so sweetly and thoughtfully brought along a ice chest filled with deli sandwhiches and ice cold drinks!! A heavenly meal both in taste and the company I enjoyed it with :)
A two hour drive from Portland to Eugene passed very quickly with great conversation, and my excitement at the awesome view, a very pleasant trip back to Jays house.

We arrive at Jays house, oh my goodness gracious he has a beautiful home! Id seen this house inside and out several times already in skype, photos and shared videos Jay had sent, but somehow being there in person.. it was all new! I dragged my suitcase in the house into the hallway and past the kitchen and started up the stairs to where Jay was kindly letting me crash for my stay when there standing at the top of the stairs I see a second familar face.. It was Frogg :) He was a really nice guy and so friendly to me, bless his heart.

Jay shows me the room I will be staying in for my visit, I am in what they call their music room, its a big room, with a view of Jays neighbors house, my futon is quite comfy and I like it! Its pretty cool to see the piano's and guitars in this room and know this is the place they create all that awesome music I have heard in Second Life. Once I unpacked a bit and Jay toured me around his place we found ourselves back up in the music room where Jaycatt treated me to a special moment I will never forget! He played "Seasons" for me! It was amazing, I just sat there stunned at how fast his fingers fly over the keys on each note! and whats even more amazing is he took some time to teach me a bit of the song so I could play it too! How very cool is that? We also sang Rainbow Connection together, just for fun and that it was indeed! I loved it!

Jay and I left the house to make a store run for some odds and ends, but before getting to the store Jay took me round the town a bit, we went to Spencers Butte a large overlook of the city high on a "hill" cough cough and oh my goodness gracious! what a view it was!! I was amazed :) We took some piccies there too! From there we went to a beautiful little place called Auton Park. This park was beautiful! A large place, had a pond in the middle, ducks and geese wandered all around in masses and the sunshine just made it feel very nice and peaceful, well except for the "landmines" you had to watch your step for courtesy of all the geese around. We saw a solar system the park designers had done on scale, the sun was at the park and the remainder of the planets spread out in scaled distance around the town. We took a stroll up the Peter Defazio Bridge, a nice spiral starting point and across a very cool looking pedestrian bridge.. I have a feeling my jaw will be dropping a lot on this trip lol Jay tells me that Peter Defazio is a much liked congressman and the bridge bears his namesake out of the fondness the residence have for the man and the job he does. We saw these unique looking bikes, 2-4 people could ride at once, they resembled cars more than bikes but interesting enough to warrant a check of the price to ride.. PHFFT! $20 per person..per hour!! I dont think so ! After the park we went to the store and stocked up on some odds and ends, ingredients for Jay to make his famous " Burgers extrodinare" and some yougurts, and etc. Back at Jays place a nice relaxing time while Jay cooked. We watched the movie Over the Hedge as we had dinner, I'd not yet seen it and it was a awesome to share it with Jaycatt and Frogg watched too :D Wonderful end to a long but happy day!

July 4th, 2007- HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!! And as a side note in this journal a Happy Birthday Wish to our Second Life Friend, Semaj Kasei too on this day :D

Up about 7 a.m. PST* for me its really 10 a.m.*, I found Jaycatt in the kitchen tidying up from last nights delicious dinner. Not anticipating anyone to be awake it was a most pleasant surprise to find Kitty there :D We chatted awhile and enjoyed a nice visit, He was also talking to his sweetie Xankarth on the laptop as well. After a bit, I went up to shower and get ready for the days delights. Once ready to we said our "moanin"'s to Frogg and set off again to the store to gather up special list of ingredients Jay needs to prepare a special pasta salad and the baking projects he has as well. Jays planning to make a Fennel Pasta Salad, pumpkin bars, and some very yummy sounding cookies! Lots of good stuff, I can't wait to sample!
Back home a small fortune for Jay later and he's dived in with both feet to get started, I am using the cooking time to update this journal, and chat with Jay. The house smells wonderful as he cooks, the fennel pasta salad has the most delicious aroma. While Jay prepares his tasty treasures I got a terriffic treasure of a different kind too, Frogg bless his heart, kindly gives me some awesome advice on my struggles to learn the guitar, his ideas were most kind and helpful then, he played a few of his songs! how cool was that!! He even blessed me so by playing "Josies Smiling" a song of his I've long since held as my favorite Frogg Marlowe tune!
A awesome afternoon, but not over yet as jays still cooking, I bounce down to chat or help out if I can. His cookies were in the oven and making the house smell so yummy, we took the time to step out into Jays backyard where his beautiful landscaping was blooming beautifully! We took some photo ops! As the afternoon went on Jay and I sat down to watch a movie called "Best In Show" it was a comedy made to look like a documentary about a dog show. It wasnt long after the movie ended that we went upstairs to the music room to watch Frogg do his live show for Second Life. Seeing a live show .. LIVE.. its an expierence I can only describe as AWESOME! and as a extra special treat, Jaycatt got to join Frogg on the last 3 songs they played! So I got to see them both play! I was in a very happy paradise!! A wonderful privliage, and great pleasure to see! I loved it !!!

More to come later............

Todays Poem:(possible ive shared this before but its fitting for this post )

Music Man

With pic in hand
this guitar man
stands upon a stage
to play us all his melodies
and words of written page.

There sits a soul intent on a goal
facing ebony and ivory keys
and tickles them delightfully
in tunes that truly please

Music flows across the air
mesmerized we all just stare
it takes us to minds eye places
leaves us sitting with smilng faces

His words of song , touch the heart
His notes of rhythm play
So blessed be all who listened
to the music men today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

It's so great that you guys got to meet. I was looking at Jay's pics, and you look so genuinely happy in them.

July 15, 2007 at 4:01:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home